Sunday, March 7, 2010

Gold Medal Game.

Here we were in the gold medal game. Many people thought we wouldn't be here after the loss to the states. But this time we were a different team, with a different attitude, swagger, confidence, and a different goalkeeper. As I'm leading the team out of the locker room onto the ice, I could hear the chant "Go Canada Go". We couldn't let them down again: we are playing in our own backyard against our neighbors in the biggest game of our lives. Just before I stepped onto the ice, I could barely feel my feet and had huge butterflies in my stomach. I had so much energy that I feel like I could stake around the rink a hundred times. As soon as I stepped onto the ice and heard the fans frantically cheering us on, I knew this game was going to be special. It was game time.

www.ctvolympics/photos/galleries/id=54449/gallery.html#/54464

No comments:

Post a Comment